This unique modality is a modern variation of Chinese Fire cupping and very effective for many conditions. For chronic painful conditions, you will be amazed as to how effective even one session can be to bring relief from long standing pain. This modality may be added onto a massage may be requested as part of the Integrated massage. Massage cupping wakes the body up and makes it feel invigorated, at the same time producing a profound level of healing through nervous system sedation.
It stimulates the skin by increasing circulation while separating fused tissue layers and draining lymph to promote a smooth appearance and healthy glow. It works deeper by loosening adhesions, facilitating the muscles to operate more independently and stimulating healthy elimination of accumulated debris in the tissues, organs and systems.
60 minutes $70
80 minutes $85
Benefits of Massage Cupping
Benefits of Massage Cupping include:
- Releases deep muscle issues, lifts and separates tissue rather than pressing down
- Relieves inflammation, pain
- Breaks up scar tissue from healed injuries
- Loosens adhesions in connective tissue that cause shortening of muscles and restrictions in joint range of motion
- Helps smooth the appearance of cellulite by loosening the adhesions that cause the dimpling with the fatty tissue
- Stimulates blood flow to bring oxygenation back to the tissue to lengthen it and stimulate organ efficiency
- Drains intermediate lymph, helps edema
- Sedates the nervous system
- Helps with the absorption of topical treatments
Stationary cupping CAN leave marks but these marks aren’t bruises , nor painful, they’re toxins being brought to the surface .
Moving cupping feels good,
- gentle way break up adhesions, treat edema
- release toxins, tight muscle pain,
- relax the nervous system
- increase circulation, and feel better.
- Your skin will have a rosy glow with NO MARKS.
- Continued improvement for 3+ days after
*medi-cupping machine can give the lightest lymph drainage treatments for delicate constitutions.
Adhesion’s, can form as the body tries to heal after a surgery or injury. When skin touches down to muscle,
it can stick like superglue instead of being able to be mobile, Cupping Massage can break up those adhesion’s and help maintain, and in most situations, regain, mobility.
Another massage technique that has become popular is manual lymphatic drainage. Gentle suction in rhythmic movements stimulates lymph flow and encourage drainage when there’s been an abnormal buildup of fluids.
Possible Side-effects – Visible Marks
After Massage Cupping you may notice redness or a purple discoloration of the skin in the area which was treated. We call this a “Cup Kiss.” It is a possible normal side effect of cupping. The marks are an indication of toxins/cellular debris being drawn to the surface so they may be expelled via the lymphatic system. The cup kiss is not painful, despite looking much like a bruise These marks disappear within 2 – 10 days, and with in some cases will barely be present at all. (Healthier individuals)
The amount, intensity and duration of coloration is important and should be observed. Bright red is healthy and will usually disappear very quickly. Darker Red and Purpley colors indicate Stagnation or Excess conditions in the client, and the treatment should be repeated along with other therapy (eg. Massage, exercise therapies, diet and lifestyle changes as required Because the pores are opened fully the body is more susceptible to pathogenic influences after this procedure, you should keep your body covered and protected from wind and sunlight for 24 hours. Please make sure that you don’t have any special events that will require an open back dress etc….because you may be left with cup kisses!